Friday, March 23, 2012

The Umbrella Fishing Lure.


After seeing an Umbrella fishing rig for sale, I wanted to try it but did not want to spend the $35.00 price tag that was on it. OK I am Cheap, so I looked at the rig very carefully. I am pretty good at making things, so I was looking at how it was made, what it was made with, and I decided that for what making one would cost in time, effort and materials was what the rig was priced at. And this one was on the market and it claimed it was “better than good” at catching bass. Still I am Cheap. 

After a little research I found over 25 umbrella rig units for sale and they started at about $12.00 and went up from there. 

An umbrella rig starts with a plug or ball that you attach you line to. The ball has a number of wires off the back side of it like the wires of an umbrella and there are swivel hooks at the end of the wires that you attach your fish hook, lure, and or bait to. The open umbrella with lures on the ends gives a wide path of yummies for the fish to pick from.

Since these rigs are banned from some fishing competitions is a real good indication they work well.
OK, I bought an inexpensive one (NOT A CHEAP ONE) to test out. Now I just have to set some time out to try it.8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment