Thursday, March 21, 2013

Planning to go Cruising

The following Quote I think is right on.


The lovely thing about cruising is that planning usually turns out to be of little use.
-  Dom Degnon

You can over plan. I have found that I never use most of the stuff I pack and have when we go out. It is nice to have but it just takes up space. What you need to take and pack are things that can have many uses. Less is better on the boat and it is quite surprising what you can do without.

Clothes you take are important. They need to be comfortable, easily cleaned and quick drying. Warm and waterproof should be in the mix also. I am easy when it comes to clothes...the crumpled look is what I am almost always in anyway. 8-)

Another quote:


At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.
-  Robin Lee Graham

The first thing on planning to go cruising is to set the departure date.
The second big thing is to leave on that date whether you are ready or not.

The third is to think out of your comfort box. *-)  Be like your Dog...just go and enjoy what comes.




No comments:

Post a Comment