Monday, April 22, 2013

PVC Pipe Recycled



PVC Pipe Recycled
I found an old piece of big diameter PVC pipe when I was cleaning up the other day and I thought I should just pitch it out. BUT, it still could be useful, I thought. I am a pack rat, and I have a lot of stuff around that falls in to the category: “I am sure I could use that for something and should save it.”
I then thought to myself: The idea of cleaning up was to get rid of junk. OK, I thought, make something from it.
The piece was about 4’ long. After thinking about what I could make from it, I decided I could make 3 fishing pole holders for the boat out of it. I cut it in to 3 pieces, drilled mounting holes through the pieces and was done. I had recycled the pipe.
I was going to use one of the 3 as a winch handle holder, the other two I would mount on the stern rail of the boat. I drilled a pair of holes in my holders, each about an inch down from the ends. They went through both sides. Then I made the hole on one side if the pipe larger than the one on the other side. That way I could put a wide head screw through one side to the inside of the hole one the other side of the pipe so it could be mounted. That worked great for the winch handle holder, since it was to be mounted on a bulkhead.
For the pole holders, I just used a cord through holes at the bottom and tied it to the rail and a cord through just one side at the top and up over the rail so it would not slide down the rail and a pole could be put in it. I did not want to drill in to the rail. A pair of hose clamps could be used also.
That was one piece of pipe out of the pile. *-) Now what to do with the rest of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment