Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Four Knot Life Style



A Four Knot Life Style

Four Knots an hour sailing is fine with me now that I am retired. When you sail, speed is not a big requirement, it is the sail getting there not when you get there.  When you are retired a speed of four knots is all that you need. 

What I have found as I am getting older   {   *-)   }  I have spurts of energy and ambition and then a period where I need to sit for a bit.  I cannot seem to go from project to project like I use to.  I still can get stuff done but it takes longer. 

My flexibility has decreased also and I cannot get into and do things I use to. It maybe the extra 20 lbs. I have put on, that may have something to do with that, but that is my wife fault…she feeds me to well.
If I make a list of things to get done, it needs to fall in a four knot speed range. The finish project dates need to be open ended. I find I have lists for a lot of things. I have a list of things to get the next time I pass a hardware store, and one for food store and one for the sporting goods store and a list of the stores I need to go to next time I go out. I need a better way of organizing my lists though. I keep misplacing my lists. 

I am finding that if I do not have something, I most likely do not need it anyway. Maybe I should start a list of things I do not really need.

When I do get the stuff on some of my list I then need to figure what project it was for o I can put it on my finish up list, if I can find that.

I think I need to sit a bit to get a spurt of energy and ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment