Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Free Naudical Charts



Get free NOAA charts for free at : http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/pdfcharts/ They are PDF charts you can print out. I am a chart person…I like a paper chart better than a GPS chart for most things I do. With a paper chart and compass you really don’t need to turn on your GPS. 8-) 
OK I am getting old, no I am all ready old!  But I like a chart and compass. No batteries, no problem that you cannot see the display in bright light, and no multifunction buttons to do things I do not need for an easy day sail.
If I am planning a trip, that is different. Compass, hard chart, vhf radio, cell phone and GPS all get dusted off. Oh…a fish finder also (but the fish are safe because there are too many functions on it and I don’t know how to use it) and the underwater camera. I have them so I feel I should take them and use them. They are play toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment