Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bug screens fror your boat

Down here in Florida mosquitoes are a major problem if you want to be n your boat.  Many anchorages and marina's are near salt water swamp ares and the mosquitoes are more than bad.  I made screens for the overhead hatch and cabin entry and the ports.  They are framed screens I custom fit for each opening.  They work great BUT they are a BIG problem to store. They just take up a lot of room and they do take a little time to put on each opening.

I was on a friends boat and when we anchored he got out a small bag that had screens rolled up in it.  Each screen had a edge that had 1/2 of a Velcro stitched to it.  The other matting 1/2 of the Velcro he had attached around the openings in the boat.  To put the screens in you just unrolled them and stuck them in there respective openings.  For the hatches and ports, you just undid a side of the screen if u needed to close it.  They were fast, easy and the stored in almost no space.  I wish I had come up with the idea.
I just put this one in quick fr the picture and did not position it neatly.

This worked so well that I am going to make some for my bat and for a few windows at my house that need to be screened.



No comments:

Post a Comment