Wednesday, January 22, 2014

boat mildew...



I saw a little write up on a couple of products I want to try on my boat. Down here is South Florida mildew inside a boat that is shut up can be a real BIG PROBLEM. I have to wash down the inside of my boat about every 4 months just to keep a handle on it.

The 2 products I want to try is 3M mildew blocker  and the 3M mildew stain remover. What I have been using is a wipe down or scrub down wash with ammonia, then a rinse well with water then a quick wipe down with bleach water. The ammonia kills the mildew, and the bleach removes or bleaches out most stains. I let the bleach water just dry and not rinse it off and it helps prevent the mildew from growing back. A low watt light bulb left on inside the boat also helps keep mildew from growing when the boat is shut up.

The 2 3M products is supposed to make mildew clean up easy so I want to try it. I just keep forgetting to buy it. Must be Old age on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment