Monday, July 20, 2015

Glass bottom bucket...handy and fun

A glass bottom bucket is a great tool and is both handy and fun.  You can check the bottom before you anchor to see what is under you, see marine life more clearly, see the rope that is around your prop and a lot more.  It is like a dive mask. If you need your glasses to see with it is great. You can see and stay dry.

I made my own from an old bucket I cut the bottom out of.  I left about an inch lip around the bottom and then used marine sealant to glue a piece of clear plastic that was about 1/8 " thick in the bottom on to the lip of the bucket.  It is not to attractive but it works great.  You can buy one already made if you like.

My look bucket can still be used as a real bucket also but the plastic can get scratched.  Mine gets used as both a bucket and a look bucket but it cost me almost nothing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment