Saturday, February 25, 2012

Higher fuel prices and sailboats


Higher fuel prices and sailboats.

I saw a news spot on our local TV station talking to people at the local Ft Myers marinas. The news woman was asking will the increase in fuel prices affect your boating. Most of the people said it was fast approaching the point where they could not afford to use their boat, or they would have to cut spending on other things so they could still boat. One very well dressed older man said he had just put $300 of fuel on his boat and had a $6.00 sandwich and his complaint was about the sandwich.

I commented to my wife that it was too bad they had not talked to a sailboat owner. If they had interviewed me I think I would have said: The sun is high, the wind is free and I am headed for the bright blue sea on our sailboat and that’s with my wife, my dog and me.

The motor boat at the next dock over from ours has not moved from the dock in about 3 months. He and his brother tried to get it started last weekend but had no luck. He commented that if he had to pay someone come look at it, he would have no money to take it out once it was running. He said his brother had a friend that could check it out…

I have a sailboat I am selling for a friend for any of you motor boaters out there if you are ready to upgrade your watercraft.  8-) Keep in mind the wind is free!

 Motor boating on a budget. *-) Argg you land lubbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment