Saturday, February 25, 2012

Toolbox Left Stain on the Wood Floor

We have a big old metal toolbox with tools we use to work on the boat motor in it. If the old box sits on the wood boat floor, it leaves a stain. To prevent this I made a wood tray that the tool box would set in. The tray has worked well and I use the tray to keep track of the tools I am using when I am working on something. It gives me a place to put tools, nuts and bolts, parts and such. I just have to remember to put the stuff in the tray. *-)
 The tray can keep track of tools and parts when you work on something.

This is an easy DIY project that can be made from scrap wood, and helps keep the tool box from staining things when just sitting and helps keep track of you tools when you use them.
The tool box just sits in tray. The tray keeps the old toolbox off the floor so it will not stain the floor. They are both together when you start to work on something. The little tray in the toolbox always has junk in it, but the tray the box sets in at least starts empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment