Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Forgot to Send the Letter.


We were eating breakfast and my wife looked over at a shelf that still had Christmas cards on it and said I think it is way past time to take them down. I told her I was going to do it about two weeks ago, but I did not know what to do with them and I did not want to just stack them on HER DESK. 8-)

 She said she needed to go through them and make a list of who sent cards to us last year. Then she said she had not sent cards out to a few people she should have.

I smiled and said NO PROBLEM…just send one now. Make out the card, stuff it in an envelope and then put it on the floor and walk over it to leave boot prints on the paper. When the people get the card they will figure that the letter had gotten lost in the mail for a few months. 8-)  I got the “LOOK”.

Then I said if you want to really confuse them, hand write the envelope and put your name and address where it is to be sent, and their name and address in the return address spot and drop it in the mailbox without a stamp. The post office will return it to them, they will be confused and open it, and find your card. They will just think that in the Christmas confusion you addressed it backward.  *-) *-) *-)

Last, I added that when the postal police came for you, I would disavow any knowledge of the whole thing, so she could have the Government provided vacation all to herself.  8-(  8-( 

I got two “looks“ and a “Glare” for that one.
Hay, I was just trying to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment