Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Boat Hook Fishing Tool.



Boat Hook Fishing Tool.
I can not say I am a good fisherman, but I like going out fishing. A boat hook is a very important fishing tool I take with me when I go out.


I am better at losing my fishing lures than I am catching fish. They like to get caught on trees, shore plants, water weeds, dock lines, and underwater objects. A boat hook can help retrieve these lures about half the time.

With an extendable boat hook you can sometimes re-acquire the lost lure from a tree or underwater object that is up to 15’ away. A lure and weights and snap-swivel can add up to a few dollars, so I try to retrieve them.

I am frugal (wife says cheap) so I try not to cast-a-way fishing lures and hardware. The boat hook helps with that. Note: put a lanyard on the boat hook so you do not lose that too. I caught my lure in a tree and used my boat hook to pull a branch down so I could unhook it. I got the branch low enough and I left the hook over part of the branch and grabbed the branch and unhooked the lure. I let the branch go and my boat hook took off like a javelin up into the tree and stuck way out of reach. It would have been cheaper to have lost the lure.

Another good fishing tip: If you fish like I do, buy the cheap, brightly colored lures, they are easier to find in trees. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment