Monday, February 18, 2013

Sailing hardware



Sailing hardware
I have seen two new Wichard hardware products written up in sailing magazines that look like things I would buy, but I have not found anyone that carries them. I went to the Wichard web site and it was useless to find a dealer from the site.

The two products were the MX solid halyard shackle and the Wichard Boom Brake. I found a link about the boom brake. (http://www.wichard.com/fiche-A|WICHARD|7150-0203030000000000-ME.html)

I like the boom brake and the way it can help in a jib of the boom. I just wish I could find a dealer that has them or could order one for me. 8-(

The same thing with the Ronstan “Shock” Block. I went to the Ronstan Web site but could not get a part number or find the product. I contacted a dealer that has Ronstan products and they were nice about it but they said with no part number they could not help. I even sent them a copy of the write up with pictures, but I heard nothing back from them.

It is nice to see what is new on the market, but it would also be nice if it was available.

No comments:

Post a Comment