Thursday, May 30, 2013

Two Blonde Problem



Maine Coon Cat and I

We have a Maine Coon Cat named Newman. Newman was my sister’s cat and we adopted him after my sister died. The cat and I have never really hit it off, we do not dislike each other, but we definitely do not go out of our way to be together.
I decided that it must be our hair color. Our hair color is almost the same and It must be that it is a blonde thing. 8-)
Newman likes to be petted, but when he has had enough he bites you. I just want to smack him when he does that. He will also park himself in a walk way so you have to walk around him or step on him.  If you step on him he screams like he is being cut up and being killed or is being pulled apart. If you go near the cupboard where the cat food is stored he loudly demands to be fed. His latest thing is that he lays on what he thinks is his rug that is right in front of the toilet in the one bath room. He will not let you get to the toilet. If you try to shoo him  away he bites and swipes his claws at you. When you have to go, it is not the time I want to deal with the cat.

My sister let him come and go via a cat door at her home. We have too many stray cats with cat aids in our area so he became an inside cat. Newman is determined to get out and explore so we have had to Newman proof the windows and doors and watch that he does not escape when we go in and out.
I guess it is not all that bad…he does make life more challenging and he is a handsome cat. After all, he is blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment