Saturday, June 1, 2013

Boat Port-a-Potty



Boat Port-a-Potty

On our short 5 day trip on our little 21 foot sailboat we tried not to have to use the port-a-potty any more than we had to for obvious reasons. That potty is at least 20 years old, but it is still functional. *-)

I checked it out to see if it had chemicals in it and that it was empty before the trip and everything was OK. The chemicals were very old and the first time it was used I found the Chemicals smelled worse than what went in the potty. The wife had given me a bottle of new chemicals for it, but I left the bottle at home in the dock box because the potty had a full reservoir of chemicals. We had to put a plastic bag over the potty to keep the smell down. That was an easy solution but I heard about leaving the new fresh chemicals at home anytime the potty was needed.

Even the dog thought it was offensive. I think it is time for a new potty…I think after 20 years the seals may be gone in it…but at least it did not leak and it was functional. I sure was glad the forward hatch was just above the potty niche.    

No comments:

Post a Comment