Sunday, January 24, 2016

Ghost in the boat?

I have 3 sailboats and I am not in the market for another.  BUT I still like looking.  *-)

I saw a sign for a sailboat for sail and I passed it 4 or 5 times before I stopped to look at it.  When I stopped  the woman that came to the door took one look at me and stepped back.  I wondered if I had bird shit on me or something.  I checked myself and then I ask if there was anything wrong?  She got a strange smile and said no, you just caught me off guard.  Then she called for her husband.  He also got a strange look his face when he saw me.  I then new I had bird shit or something on me.

I told them I was interested in looking at the sailboat that was for sale.   The two of them looked at each other and smiled.  Then the man ask if I new anything about the boat they had.  I said no, I had just seen the sign.  Then the man described the type of boat, that they had gotten it after the original owner had died.  It is in real good shape.  I ask why they were selling it.  The two looked at each other and then the woman said that the boat was haunted...by the man that owned the boat before...and the ghost looked a lot like me.  I was taken a little aback.

I had to see the boat.  They walked me down to where the boat was tied up, and the boat was beautiful!  I got a double take from the man's next door neighbor when he saw me.  That made me feel creepy.

The couple told me that the boat sailed great and that when they were sailing they would often see a gimps of a man on the boat, but when they would look back they saw nothing.  He would be on the bow, or by the mast or in the cabin.  He would often seam to be doing work on the boat.  When the wench on the cabin deck stopped working and needed service he would be there, when the bright work needed touch up it appeared he was sanding the area.  Even the neighbor said he has seen "it" on the boat when no one should be on the boat.  When the boat needed something done to it, "it" would appear to be trying to fix it.  The longer they had the boat the more they could actually see the ghost.  They got a photo of the man from the original owner's family and they showed it to me.  It did look a lot like a younger version of me. That freaked me out a hole lot.

The boat was fantastic.  I have to say I had more then second thoughts about really buying it.  It was a classic design, and in much better shape as far as upkeep then my boats.  I would have to sell one of my boats to get this one.  And what scarred me was the that the ghost would make me spend all my time fixing his boat.  My wife at times says I already spend to much with the boats.  And I was not sure about a ghost that looked like me.

Then I thought that maybe I would get to haunt my little boat when I die. *-)  I would love to haunt a new boat owner to keep the boat up and to make him or her to sail it as often as they could.  I want a young person to get the boat I haunt so we could sail often and long. 8-)

I did ask if I could go sailing on it with them.  I would like to see if the ghost of my old dog sailing buddy would join the ghost of the boat.  If he dose I will buy that boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment