Monday, January 16, 2012

Black and White Cats...Yin and Yang cats


We have acquired 6 cats over the past few years, and two of the cats’ easily stand out from the others because one is all black and the other is all white. The two are as different as black and white. They are Yin and Yang.

Inky Black is a standoff cat. She stays by herself and will not tolerate the other cats bothering her. She will back down the other cats when needed. Betty White is laid back, she likes being with the dog and the other cats. She will come up and use you as a place to nap. She is a cuddler.

At night all the cats have their own place they nest. Inky likes my sock drawer, and Betty likes the clothes stack my wife lays out for work for the next day. I do not mind socks with black cat hair on them and my wife says that almost everything looks better with cat hair on it. She is a forest ranger and the bears and cougars do not care.

We had a Florida cold snap this week…the temperature dropped down to the 40s. Betty moved her sleeping spot into the bed with us on my side. It was nice to have a warm lump next to me. I must have closed my sock drawer with a sock caught in the drawer slide and it jammed the draw so it was only open about an inch and a half. Inky can open the drawer to get in. That night she could not get the drawer open. We heard her doing cat things over in that part of the room, but it was too cold to get up and check it out.

The next morning Inky the standoff cat was on the wife’s side of the bed in the same position Betty was on my side of the bed. We both thought that was odd but nice. When we got out of bed we found almost all my socks on the floor. Inky could not get the drawer open but could get a foot in, and had snagged all the socks she could reach and had pulled them out of the drawer. When she could not get the drawer open she settled for the bed. As I was picking up my socks, Inky gave me a long Meow as if telling me you don’t mess with the Black Cat! Betty could care less.  
Don't mess with the black cat!
Don't worry...be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment