Sunday, June 24, 2012

NO CASH OR CHECKS ACCEPTED!


I saw a news story on TV that now 75 % of the transactions done these days are non-cash. The news caster said that in the not too distant future real cash will go away.  He said there are many stores now not doing cash transactions.

This upset me, because I really do not like to use credit and debit cards for small things I buy or at restaurants. I like coins in my pocket and giving change to the person ringing up the sale. I am surprised how often the person taking the change has a problem dealing with the coins.

I also request the person ringing up my sale to count the money back to me, not just handing it to me. Most have trouble doing that.

This last week I saw or noted for the firsttime a sign at a store that said “No CASH OR CHECKS ACCEPTED!”. Next I figure I will see a sign: “Cash with proper ID only”.

I wonder how NO CASH will affect the drug trade.  Can you see a drug dealer requiring a Junkie to use a credit card? 8-)

I still like the old Spanish coin system of the pieces of 8. The silver coin could be cut into 8 pieces to make change.

When it comes to tipping does no cash mean no tips to people like bell hops, car parking attendants, and the like? It will be much harder to show you are un-happy with service when you have to put the tip on your credit card receipt. 

I am going to still keep a few coins in my pocket just to hear the jingle.

No comments:

Post a Comment