Friday, June 29, 2012

Moving My Office to the Boat.


Boat Office:
I am using the Boat more and more as my office and it is GREAT!  My wife keeps expanding her space in the real office and to find space to work, I took the laptop to the boat.  The wireless lets me use the office equipment and the Net from the boat. The only thing that is inconvenient is the printer is up at the office. I could see if our old printer still works or get an inexpensive one for the boat.

We lived on the boat for a number of years, and it is not like I am having to deal without any thing I need.  The boat has shore power and that is the only thing that would limit my working on the boat.

Our dog loves it. He is on and off the boat, inside and out on the boat, lets me know when anyone is around and when he needs a ride in the tender.  He can also let me know if there is a fish on the line when I bottom fish off the stern. He is not all that good at that but he is learning. 

Phone calls can sometimes be a problem. Sometimes you have to go on deck if the connection is poor. I could extend the land phone line, but I do not want to have too many connections to have to undo if I want to leave the dock. 

It is nice to be on the water and able to work at the same time.  It is really nice to have to terminate a call because you have to pull in a fish.  8-)  There are fewer distractions on the boat, so I can often get more things done.  Last it is almost like working outside and that is priceless. I like the floating office and I may just have to move my complete operation on to the boat. That’s thinking outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment