Monday, September 17, 2012

A Laptop Nav App.


Laptop Nav App.

I saw an ad for a Navigation App for your lap top computer. It caught my interest since the Digital Compass Shop that we run sells Navigation GPS and the like. Their web page I thought was not all that informative but as I said, it caught my interest. 

I think this would be a great app to have to plan outings and to have as a quick guide for fun outings that were planned on the fly. I would like to compare it to a name brand chart plotter and GPS unit to see how it stacks up. Some of these apps are incredibly good and it sure would be handy. (Going to your boat to use a built in, installed system can be a pain in the back side.)   

Our boat pulls about 6.5 feet of water and if we hook we use the dinghy to explore. This would be a great to have a portable “Chart Plotter” and “GPS” in your lap top for that that has a screen big enough to see. (Without my Glasses)

Check this site out: Laptopnav.com

It looks like a nice app to have for navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment