Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rainy Afternoon


Wine and cheese on a rainy afternoon.

The weather was overcast and one could feel it was going to rain at any time. We were going to take the Livingston Dinghy out just for a ride and have our lunch on the river. Thunder coming from the south west changed our minds so we set up our lunch basket on the screen room that looks out where we have the boats tied.

I set up our portable DVD player; Wendy selected a DVD, Wine and Cheese and came out to have our lunch. Wendy poured the wine in to a pair of German etched crystal wine glasses.  (Even a $5.00 wine tastes better in nice glasses.) 

We got talking about things we had wanted to have when we grew up. We decided we had done OK for the most part. We both have only a few things on our bucket lists that we would like to do. 

I had a big reality check after my sister died. Over the last year I have had to admit to myself I am getting older and cannot do some of the things like I used to. I am less enthusiastic on starting big projects, and I find I count on my wife more and more when doing things. Counting on her is a good thing though.
Sitting, talking and having cheese and wine as it rains outside was a nice way to pass the afternoon away.

No comments:

Post a Comment