Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cheap Fishing Pole Holders




Cheap Fishing Pole Holders

I am all for being frugal (My wife thinks it is called CHEAP!), but I do not like buying something if I do not need to. We have a large stand of Bamboo near the waterfront and it needs to be thinned out every now and then. You can use Bamboo for a lot of things.

Being frugal, I made fishing rod holders from sections of Bamboo. If you cut the Bamboo just below a joint, you can get a pipe the handle of a fishing pole will fit in.  By cutting  Bamboo sections that are 12” to 18” long, I made pole holders. These I lashed them to the rear stanchion posts on the boat for pole holders. They work well and are a way of recycling the cut Bamboo. By lashing them on, I do not have to drill holes in my boat, and they are easily removed. 

Frugal use of the Bamboo...it was free and would have just been trash to recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment