Friday, October 5, 2012

Old Fishing Book


Old Fishing Book Found.
I put a shelf up in our office above the desks and about a foot down from the ceiling. We needed the storage space and I figured that we could put seldom used stuff up there, out of the way, but it would still be accessible. Well, I overloaded it and the brackets that I mounted to the wall pulled out of the drywall  and it fell the other evening. 

It scared the “whatever” out of both of us, and we both jumped to the conclusion that the cats had done something like pushing a computer off the desk. On investigating, I found I could not blame the cats. I still tried to blame the cats. 8-)

As We were cleaning up the fall out, I found a Al Pflueger’s Fisherman’s Handbook. The Copyright was 1974 and the price sticker on it was $5.95. The book had a guide to ID salt and fresh water fish and fishing methods. The book had illustrations of the fish by Russ Smiley. The hand drawn color illustrations were beautifully done and were better than the photos from the Miami Seaquarium at the back of the book. 

The book is very dated in both the information given and the illustrations. I loved the illustrations…many could be framed--they were that good. I am going to have to sit down and go through the book and really enjoy it one of these rainy afternoons when you cannot do anything outside. Till then, I will store it on a better bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment