Friday, August 30, 2013

A Boat Finder Roller




Boat Finder Use

The tubular or cylinder shaped boat finders I have in our dinghy can be used as a roller when you beech the boat.  When I put the bow to shore I do not like the grinding sound when the boat hits land and I can just feel the bottom paint being scraped off the hull.

The cylinder shaped finders make good soft rollers that can be put under the bow to get the hull up off the ground a few inches and they also act as rollers so you can pull the boat up on shore more easily; they also help get it back in the water more easily. 

You beech the boat, put a finder under the bow and the boat rides up on the finder as you pull it onshore. Then tie can tie the painter to a shore object or put out a land anchor so your boat will not float away. I really hate having to swim out to get my dingy when it slips away.

No comments:

Post a Comment