Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pirate hats

In Pirates of the Caribbean Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa have there own hats that gave them or showed rank. The more flamboyant the higher the rank. Barbossa's hat was larger with a big feather.

Here in Florida, October has a number of Pirate festivals and week ends. I have my Jack Sparrow hat, my wife has her Barbossa hat (she is the Admiral). We load the schooner up with rum rations, pirate flags, deck cannon, swords and the like and head for the sea.

On a provision run to the Quick Mart / Gas station / Snack food / Beverage center/ Etc. Shop to get a few essentials for a day on the water, there was a little old black woman shopping. She was no more then 4' 8" tall, in a nice dress, neat as a pin, and on her head was the BEST EVER PIRATE HAT. My wife did not come in the store with me...she thinks the place is creepy. I had to go get her to show her the woman with the pirate hat. She was as impressed with the hat as I was.

This hat was wide brimmed, black and red, with shinny decorations and 3 BIG feathers. As I have said, the women was dressed sharp and neat as a pin, and the hat did not look wrong on her. She was as impressive as an Admiral of a fleet looking over her ships. She made our day.

My wife and I left with big smiles and both of us wondered where she could have gotten such a fine Pirate hat. We figured she must have made it.

We now call the Quickie store the Admiral's Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment