Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Worcestershire sauce and bronzes

When we built our schooner I wanted to make it look classic old style. When it came to cleats...Wood or Brass were the only two types I considered. The wood ones...easy, I made them. The brass / bronzes ones were a little hard to find, were expensive, but looked great ( For the fist year )

Wife said just shine them up or let then get the aged bronze look. She said she liked the aged look, so she would not have to help shine them up. 8-)

I tried a number of products, and they all worked OK, but the most important part of the shining was WORK.  My wife did help by bringing me ice tea and a sandwich.

I remembered reading some where that Worcestershire sauce can clean bronze. I requested my wife to bring me some. She did. I found it worked better than some of the stuff I was using. It still required work, but it smelled better. 8-) After 18 cleats were all shinny I figured I could live with a aged bronzed look the next year, after all the boat WAS getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment