Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Smell like a French Pirate



My Dad had a cloth bag that was about 5” square and had talcum powder in it. The cloth of the bag was not tightly woven and when you would pat the bag against something it would leave talc dust on it. In hot weather, if you dried off with a towel and then patted yourself with the bag it felt cool and left you feeling cool and nice. I do not know what happened to the talc bag.

With the hot weather we have been having, I remembered that bag. When we cleaned out my sister’s house we found multiple unopened containers of body powders. I did not want to just pitch them out and I thought my wife could use them. She was not all that thrilled…most were strongly scented.

After cutting the grass the other day, I came in all sweated out. I was toweling off in the bath room and saw one of those containers of powder. I remembered the old talc bag.  8-)  I powdered myself down, and it did feel nice and cool. I was also well scented.

The dog took one sniff and headed elsewhere. Two of the cats ( my sister’s old cats ) followed me, and my wife turned up her nose and said I smelled like a Frenchman.  I corrected her and said I smelled like a French Pirate.

She sent me back to the bathroom for a shower and said she liked the smell of a Florida Buccaneer better.  I will just have to use the body powder up when she is not around. It did make me feel cool.   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment