Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dryer lint use



Use For Dryer Lint

When I do the laundry and have to empty the lint from the dryer lint filter, I always wondered what the lint mat could be used for.

I tried wetting it, putting it on a screen, squeezing the water out of it and shaping it into things like a flower pot that you could plant seeds in, and then plant pot and all where you want it after the seed sprouts. Only so so results from that…sometimes the pot would fall apart when you watered the seeds. 8-).

I have found one thing that the lint works great for. I made a potato cannon from plans from the internet and the cannon works great. It will shoot a potato piece like it is meant to. Potatoes are not cheap and you can do damage to things if they hit something. Here in Florida we have what are called Air Potatoes and these are an exotic invasive plant that is now found all over. You can just pick them up off the ground. These will work nicely in the cannon but I do not like shooting these because they could plant themselves when they land and they are an invasive exotic plant, so these are out.

Then I discovered I could shoot a lint ball from the cannon. The lint ball shoots out of the cannon with a nice pop, does not go all that far, and sort of falls apart as it goes through the air. If it hits something it is with a soft hit and it falls apart. The down side is it leaves a lint mess, but that is easy to clean up. Depending on the lint, it can almost be like confetti. 

I have seen birds collecting some of the lint fragments for nest building. So, how is that for recycling dryer lint. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment