Friday, June 28, 2013

The Dog Liked Beer!



The Dog Liked Beer!

When I was living down in the Fl. Keys I had a Wolf Hybrid that liked beer. It is nice to have a drinking partner that likes the same things you do, that likes the same beer you do but gets drunk faster than you do. That way you know it is time to go home.

Little Sherlock and I would go sailing together and when we got back to the marina, we would go to the little food and drink place at the marina. It had all outside deck seating so the dog was allowed. Sherlock quickly learned the routine and when we got back from the sail he would go to the bar while I put the boat away. The bar maid got to know Sherlock and would give him a mug when he got there and put it on my tab. He became one of the regulars at the bar. He was a one and a ½ mug drunk. When he stopped drinking I knew it was time to head home. 

People would buy him a round of beer all the time. The bar maid charged him ½ mug rates because he seldom got through two beers, and he was good for business. It became a joke that they would have what he was drinking and give him another one. Sherlock would share his mugs with me so we all were happy.

The dog I have now is not a beer drinker. He likes to sail, but he is not a drinking buddy like Sherlock. But that was one of the things that made Sherlock special.
 With a face like this how could you not be happy having a beer with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment