Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cat Hanger Fear



Cat Hanger Fear

Newman, our Main Coon Yellow Cat has a fear of plastic coat hangers. We took Newman in after my sister died, so we knew nothing about him. He is a strange paranoid cat and is frightened by many things.

Newman thinks he should be the only cat. He is not real sociable with the other cats, he larger than the other cats but the other cats pick on him because they can. He has 3 spots that he has claimed as his. The rug by the Garage door (he can see most of the house from there and not be attacked from the rear). The bath tub and the master bed room bed. He has to share the bed with the dog, but the dog does not care.

The other day when Wendy was getting dressed and she put a plastic hanger on the bed. Newman looked at it and got off the bed. The hanger was left on the bed and a few minutes later Newman jumped on the bed, saw the hanger and he flew off the bed as if he had jumped into water. It was funny the way it happened. I took the hanger and walked toward Newman and he fled. The dog thought it was Cat Chase time. *-) Wendy told me to stop messing with the cat. 8-)

She (Wendy not the cat) went to work and I figured I would straighten out a few things. I straightened out the bed…With Newman and the dog it usually will not stay that way for long. I put 4 hangers on the bed. The dog gave me a dirty look and went to his dog bed near the TV. 

A few minutes went buy and Newman leaped on to the bed, saw the hangers and the fled off. That was great I found a way to keep Newman off my pillow. 8-) I got an evil Idea. I put a hanger in the bathtub and one on Newman’s rug. Newman was not pleased. He walked around growling and noisily meowing.

I removed the hangers from the tub and rug but not the bed. His meowing got to me in short order. I did win on the bed though. It stayed neat from the cat, but the dog did not care. He just laid on the hangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment