Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wife and the steam punk fan 8-)



Wife and the steam punk fan 8-)

My wife read my blog on the fan I called a Steam Punk Fan and she had her own thoughts on it.
First she was not sure what Steam Punk was, and second she thought the fan was one that would be a big dust collector and hard to clean. She looked at it from a woman’s point of view, not a functional Man’s point of view. 8-) I also like the sail fan we have...I should call it a Sky Pirate Steam Punk fan.

I tried to tell her what Steam Punk was without much success. Steam Punk I guess could best be described as a Victorian Science Fictional view of industrial 19th century items. They are overly elaborate, somewhat complicated, Victorian styled objects.  Second, she does not appreciate the multi-functional, masculine look of a mechanical machine like that. It just seems to have testosterone built in to it.  

I do like some of the Steam Punk items that are out on the market. For example, I like the Col. Fizziwig Combobulator gun blaster. 




Or I would not mind a Steam Punk Computer. I wonder if there is an Apple Steam Punk model. *-)







A Steam Punk flying machine also ranks up on my list also. I think I would make a good Steam Punk Air Pirate.






I guess that is why I like the old time sailing vessels and old nautical instruments and sea pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment