Saturday, November 3, 2012

Political Phone Calls



Political phone calls

I will be glad when the presidential election is over and the unwanted robot political calls will stop.
You have to answer the phone when it rings…it could be an important call. (Like a call from Publishers Clearing House with news of a big check.)

My wife came home from work really down. She had gotten the news that she was not picked for a job she had put in for, so she was feeling low. When the phone rang, I picked it up. Well, I picked it up and it was a robot call with a recording done by Clint Eastwood. When I heard it was a robot call I just hung up.

She asks me who it was. I said Clint Eastwood on a political call. SHE SAID “I GOT A CALL FROM CLINT EASTWOOD AND YOU DID NOT GIVE IT TO ME!” What could I say…

A few minutes later another call came in, so I let her pick it up. It was a robot call with a Pat Boone recording. She hung up and told me it had been a Pat Boone call for me. 

She said “What a bad day…I get a call from Clint Eastwood and you didn’t give it to me, and I get the call from Pat Boone. It isn’t fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment