Tuesday, November 20, 2012

X-mass boat decorations



X-mass boat decorations...The KISS method.

My wife is the one that is into holiday decorating. I look at it from the point of view that I have t.o get the stuff out and take it down and pack it up when the holidays are over. I am not a Grinch, but I like the Keep it Simple method. 

When it comes to the boat, simple is much better. If you can not sail the boat with the decorations on it I do not them on the boat. When we lived on the boat and did not take it out much, that was one thing, but now that we are on shore that is another.

We have 12 volt Christmas lights, but where can you put them that will not be an interference. A good place would be on the rear safety rail. Garland on the throw-able life ring could make a holiday wreath that could still float. I do not want anything on the anchor though. I guess you could have red lights on the Port and Green on the starboard sorta like running lights but that is most likely not legal if you were moving. A blow up Santa in the blow up life raft could be Christmasy. Colored spot lights might work. Holiday music is OK…you don’t have to take them down.

It would be neat to project a Santa slide on the sail, but that would take some planning. I guess you could do a lot if you think outside the box. I would like to see the Christmas boat parade to see what others do.

One thing that would be easy is a Christmas Flag. I wonder if there is a Grinch Jolly Roger Flag?      

No comments:

Post a Comment