Monday, August 20, 2012

Sailing the Dog Days of Summer


Sailing the Dog Days of Summer
Sometimes our dog Bosco is smarter than I am. He is almost always ready to go sailing or fishing,
We have had a string of hot, muggy dog days this last month (90 plus degrees and 85% humidity). Sun in the morning and storms in the afternoon have been normal for over a month.  

When I let the dog out he usually will beat me down to the dock and be on one of the boats ready to go by the time I get down to the dock. The last two weeks though, he will get on the boat, but if I start getting ready to go out he goes up to the screened porch.  He will give me THE LOOK!

I went out without him the other day, but it was a very short trip. The heat index was way too high and I wilted in short order.  The dinghy is better the then sail boat with the canvas Bimini that provides some shade but not much better. 

Now if he heads up to the house, I do the same and get an iced tea and a book.  I figure his little brain is smarter than mine on these hot days.   
I do not want to be a HOT DOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment