Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cataloges come this time of year!



Catalogs are a sign of the holidays.

I like the catalogs that we get in the mail this time of year. I hate to say it but those who sent us the catalogs wasted the postage because I seldom buy from them. I do like seeing what is available out there.

I do keep a few catalogs that are specialty catalogs for things you cannot fine at the local hardware store or other local stores. Those I will use, but most I just look at and then throw out. 

I like tool catalogs with  uncommon tools. I do not need any more tools but I still like to look. I should get rid of over 50% of the tools I have that I never use any more. Boat stuff catalogs are also great to look through. You never know when you will need to order a hard to find a bronze Pintle and gudgeon for your sailboat, or have to replace a wood Belaying pin, or a sail slug. Looking at boat plans is always fun. ( www.woodenboatstore.com )

How I got on some of the mailing lists I am not sure. One catalog that I like to look through is Toscano (DesignToscano.com). They have a Gothic Gallery of dragon’s, and gargoyles and midlevel type stuff. They have some of the most unique yard art I have come across.

Another catalog I enjoy is Gaelsong (gaelsong.com). They have a collection of Celtic deign things. I like the Celtic carved designs like the Trinity Knot and the Triskelion. Vikinngs, Stonehenge, Witches and Warlocks, and the Norse and Ireland and runes and Lord of the Ring Hobbits all come to mind with the things in their catalog.

I often keep a catalog from someone till there next one comes. I do not know why. I guess I should order something now and then. 

They are fun to look at.     

No comments:

Post a Comment