Thursday, December 20, 2012

Clutter Cleanup



Cleaning up the clutter!

With the holidays my wife was been doing a lot of little projects for the clubs she belongs to and friends and she were leaving a trail of stuff. She was not cleaning up after herself and the clutter was getting out of hand. I needed to confront her about it when she got home. I thought why should I clean up and put away the stuff she used. I decided I would just clean up the stuff I had used and left out.

I started picking up and cleaning up and putting the stuff I used away. Man, I can be a real pig. I found things I had used weeks ago. I spent a good 40 minutes just going around and collecting things I had used and not put away. I even found things I could not remember using ( These were things that my wife must have used, but they were my stuff so I put them away so I could find them when I needed them). 

As I put things away, I started feeling good that I was getting rid of some of the mess. It is nice to be organized. I even cleaned up part of my work bench, emptied waste baskets (the ones you seldom use) The amount of stuff I threw out was impressive…sure glad I did it before big trash day so it would not have to sit around for a week.

I must have tidied up for about 90 minutes, and I could actually see a big difference. Looking around my first thought was that I must have cleared away most of her mess also. 8-) I smiled to myself…I am sure glad I cleaned up my mess and “had not said anything to the wife about her mess”. When she gets home I think I will offer to help straighten out her mess. It should only take about 10 minutes. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment