Sunday, December 2, 2012

Turtle Wiennies




Hearing Problem

I have had a hearing problem ever since I can remember. Back in 3 grade I had a sudden 60% hearing loss in both ears and I had surgery done on both ears. What they did, I do not know, but all I remember was I could not go swimming most of the summer like the other kids. I did not get all the hearing loss back, but it was near normal.

The hearing loss was not bad enough to keep me out of the army, but at that time it was about 20% in one ear and 50 % in the other.

Last time I checked it was about 40% and 60%. I do have an old hearing aid but I do not use it because it gave me bad headaches. I think my hearing has gotten worse. I am having more and more problems hearing what my wife says.

My hearing loss is in the upper or treble range so it is somewhat female selective. 8-) My wife said she was going to make one of her favorite dishes and what I heard was “Turtle Wiennies and Salad”. I thought I did not hear it right, but I thought I would just see what she fixed. I was not sure what a Turtle Wiennie was, I thought maybe they were small cocktail Wiennies or something. I waited with great expectation.

What I was served was Veggie Tortellini’s and a nice salad. It was a wonderful meal and not even anything I expected.

I may just have to try my hearing aid again.

Any one care for a Turtle Wiennie?  8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment