Friday, June 12, 2015

Boy had problem getting back on boat

It can be a bit of a problem getting back on board your boat from the water.  Boat ladders are great but they also take up a lot of room to store. A easy way to get back on a boat if no ladder is available is to just make a loop of rope that  that can hook over a tie up cleat with the other end in the water that you can put your foot in and use as a step.

I watched a fat boy try to get on board a boat he had jumped off of to swim.  He could not do it. His friends were not helping him and he was starting to panic.  I had him swim to my boat and use the ladder on my boat and then tool him back to his boat.

I showed him how to make a loop ladder.  Using it takes a little effort because your foot and leg want to go under the boat when you push down on it if the hull dose not go very deep. But it will give you a way to help get you out of the water.

Davis sells a Swim Stirrup, a pre-made loop type ladder that sells for about $25.00 that you can get, or you can easily make one.  It will take up little room and makes getting back on your boat much easier.
I do not carry this product at the Digital Compass Shop but I can order one for you if you want one and can not make one on your own.
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment