Sunday, June 28, 2015

Line ends...Unraveling ends drive me nuts!!!

It drives me nuts to have rope and line ends that are frayed and unraveling.   I like to see lines that have been neatly wrapped with string...they look finished and very nautical.   This does take a lot of time but I think it is worth it.  Lines that have been cut with a hot knife or heat sealed is the easiest and it dose prevent unraveling.  Dipping the ends in a plastic that seals them is also easy, but I have not had good luck with line ends done this way.  It is better than nothing at least for a while.

A knot at the end of the line will work but it is NOT VERY CLASSY !!!   A knot will not let you fee it through a block though.

Any way...Wipping the end of a line is a good way to enjoy a beer and take care of your lines at the same time.   I recommend a good German dark beer...two even works better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment