Monday, June 15, 2015

The red wine stained th fiberglass

The woman was a few sheets to the wind and when she spilled the red wine all over the fiberglass in the cock pit.  I knew it would stain and there was nothing I could do about it but wipe it up as quick as I could.  Red wine is one of the few things that I normally do not let anyone drink on my boat.  It had been a few weeks, no a few months since I had put a coat of wax on the glass so I new it was going to stain.

I would know how bad it was the next day and there was little I could do about it, other than have a little more wine myself.  When I looked at it the next day I figured it could be worst. I washed the stain well with soap and water, the used some soft scrub, and then a Mr Clean magic eraser and got a lot of it out.  But I still could see the dang stain.

I had a bottle of  Flitz Cleaner that I have used on some tough stains on the fiberglass before and it took the rest of the pink stain out.  Flits is safe for fiberglass, plexiglas, and marble and it is also a non toxic eco-friendly cleaner.  Its not cheap...about $20, but it works and it is Eco-friendly.

Now the stain is gone I decided I should give the cockpit a good coat of wax. 8-(
I have found a good bee's wax containing wax gives a nice hard was surface, and then a coat of a canuba wax gives a great shine.  The canuba wax is a soft wax and wears off much faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment