Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fishing Lures and Dock Lines



Fishing Lures and Dock Lines

No matter what type of fishing lure I get, they will catch my dock lines better than they catch fish. Lure’s with treble hooks seek my dock lines out almost as soon as I take them out of the package or out of the tackle box. 

What I just started to do is put my dock lines in the plastic containers that coffee comes in. They are plastic so they do not rust. They are about a ½ gallon jug size with a large mouth that the lines can easily be coiled in to them and they repel hooks well. You can cut a U in the top on the edge for the line to go through and then snap the lid on. This keeps the lures from heading for bulk of the rope. The lures don’t like it, but that’s tough. I tell them the need to look for fish! 8-)  The little jugs also make good bailing jugs when there is water in the boat. 

Now the lures and hooks have started to go for the Bimini straps and the straps on the life jackets. At least the hooks come out of the straps more easily than out of the ropes. 8-)

 I have been thinking about putting a piece of water hose over the section of rope from the ring on the bow of the boat to the coffee container  to protect that section of rope. At the stern the lines drop right into the coffee containers so very little rope is exposed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment