Friday, July 19, 2013

Rum and Grolsh Beer



Rum and Grolsh Beer

I think I would have made a good pirate, I like rum and beer. Of course too much of either can invite a Gout attack, but pirates are known to live dangerously. Arg.

I first started drinking Grolsh Beer because of the neat bottle with the resealable ceramic top. When you are out on the boat you can seal the bottle back up between sips and that way if it falls over you do not lose it. A good pirate does not want to lose his beer. I do not know how many times I would have lost my beer by me, the dog, a fishing pole, or a wave tipping it over. 

When we started brewing our own beer, it was just natural to bottle it in the old Grolsh bottle. I found that I had to make my own labels for my beer so I would know what ale was in it. We now, on average, have two different ales in stock and it  lets you pick what you want.

As for rum, I like spiced light rum as my first choice. Key Lime spiced rum is always good but I find I will go through that like a pirate on shore leave. (It is good with Grolsh also!  Arrg!) It is best that my wife keeps the Rum Ration Box key or the box would always be empty. She was nice and left the box unlocked for my birthday. 8-)

Our current dog is not a rum or beer drinker…he just tags along. He is not like my old dog that liked going to the bar for a beer. Maybe he I not old enough to like beer yet…there is still time. Till then it is all mine. I will let him be a Grolsh Pirate and be part of the crew...he can be the one that will sail the boat. 8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment