Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reef Save Sun Screens


Reef Save Sun Screens
I saw an article in Sport Diver Magazine that tested four Eco-friendly sunscreens that are all biodegradable and safe for marine life. I really like the idea that there are “Green” products like these being produced. The 4 products are SPF 40 and SPF 30+. Being fair skinned I turn Red with just a little exposure to the Florida sun, so I use a sun screen almost all the time.

The four products are True Natural Cosmetics, Reef Safe, ECO logical Skin Care and Grahams Natural. The first one is SPF 40 and the others are SPF 30+. The Sport Diver Magazine had a great chart that compared the four nicely. Each product excelled in a different category. My impression after looking over the chart was that all four would be a good product to use. The price range was from $ 2.50 for 2 oz. to $ 19.95 for 2 oz.. 

As a boater, and one that uses sun screen it is nice to have the option of using a sun screen that will not hurt the marine life and the reefs and my skin as well. I do not mind if I have to pay a little more for the product when it is a Green Product, is worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment