Thursday, April 19, 2012

Old Fishing Lures


Old Fishing Lures...I have a few in my tackle box.

I saw an article in Bass Master Magazine about what old fishing lures could be worth. I could have a few hundred dollars of what I thought were trash in my tackle box. They have been there for years and I have just been too lazy to clean out the box. 

The article told of lures that sold for 50 or 75 cents and are now worth 50 to 75 dollars. Who would have thought these old thinks could have generated a value like that. I have thrown old lures away or lost them on a snag and have not given them much thought. 

Some old fishing reels also have also an increased value. These I can see. The old reels often work better than the new ones, and you can clean and service them yourself. The old reels are not “over engineered” like many of the new ones and you do not need specialty tools to work on them. I still have a few reels left over from when I was a kid over 45 years ago. I still use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment