Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cast Netting for Women


Cast Netting for Women 

I wish I could use a cast net, but I cannot or have not mastered the technique of using the cast net. A friend of mine who is usually quiet and an introvert can throw one beautifully. 
 _
I will call my friend Joe Cool. If he has a few beers on board he his personality changes and he becomes Joe Cool. We both had a few beers on board and we found two young ladies trying to throw a cast net off the dock. They were doing a better job at it than I could do and I was enjoying watching them. 

Joe Cool walked up and started talking to the ladies and started giving suggestions to improve their technique. Things were going OK and everyone was enjoying themselves. Then Joe Cool said he would demonstrate his throwing technique.

He took the cast net, explained everything he did as he did it, how to hold the net, and how swing so the net would open. Then he demonstrated. It was a beautiful picture perfect throw. It went out, opened, and dropped beautifully in to the water. The net and the line you pull the net back with all sank nicely in to the water.

Whoops was more than just an understatement. The words that came out of the two women changed my mind that they were ladies. “Joe Cool” and I had to pool our money to buy a new net for the women. And after all that we were both broke and we did not catch “ladies” either.  We called it the casting for women adventure. 8-) 
_
I do not think Joe has ever forgotten to secure the pull in line since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment