Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fishing reel Backlash Prevention Trick


Fishing reel Backlash

I was told by two Arkansas fisherman that is not hard to set the reel tension so you do not get backlash. The easiest way they said was first put the lure on that you want to use. Then hold the rod horizontals and adjust the reel cast control so the lure will fall smoothly but the real stops spinning when the lure hits the floor. One of the guys said it was a trick that Denny Brauer uses. 

I had no idea who Denny Brauer was, but they talked about him like he was the “super expert”, so I just acted if I knew who he was. I looked him up on line and he turned out to be a seventeen-time time B.A.S.S. winner and an Elite Series Pro. I think that would make him a super expert. 8-)

Another suggestion one of these two guys gave me when he popped the top of what I think was his 5th beer, was I should throw-a-way that cheap aXX real and buy a good one. He is probably right but I like my old reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment