Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Everyone collects things!


There are just some things that each individual collects. My sister had something about scissors.  They were everywhere in her house. You could find them everywhere, and not just one pair in each room, multiple pairs in each room. Literally there was at least one pair within 10 feet of you in that house.
I did not know there could be that many types of specialty scissors. Bandage scissors, pinking shears, nail or cuticle scissors, laser assist scissors, scissors with a pointer light built in, scissors with a tape measure built in, hair cutting scissors, scissors that cut to the left better than right, scissors that cut right better than left (these two came as a set), and scissors for  right handed and left handed people. This is just a short list.

I found them in the kitchen, both bathrooms, in the bed side tables, in the dining room, in the drawers of the living room furniture, in the laundry room, in the garage, in the out shed and in the barn, but the mother load was in her sewing room. In the sewing room you would think they were breeding in there. Different types of scissors would mate to get a new and different type.

She was a cat lover. Like scissors, cat stuff was everywhere. Pictures, postcards, figurines, stuffed toys, and anything to do with cats. The cat stuff made the scissor collection look minor. Other things she had collections of were bone china tea cups and pitchers.

The tea cups I can see, they are useful. Pitchers are useful but how many do you need? OK, I collect things also, and I am sure my wife Wendy will say “You should talk about someone else collecting things”. One of the things I like is old hand wood working tools… But I USE THEM!  8-) These were just a few of each of these items...8-)

 I guess my sister and I had more in common than I thought. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment