Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Signal Flags


Our Set of Signal Flags!
My wife had told me a number of times that she would like to have a set of signal flags for her boat. It was one of those things that went in one ear and out the other without making “a signal in my head”. My own thought was we have a vhf radio, a cell phone, a distress flag, and flairs and signal flags were not needed.

Signal flags are not only used for signaling but also for decorating your boat for special occasions. There is a complete set of rules that should be followed when using signal flags, and after receiving a set of flags I was told by the wife that we should and needed to display them correctly when we used them.

I found more information in Chapman’s on signal flags than I thought there would be. It really was informative as well as interesting.

I just wish I had gotten her the set of signal flags that she had expressed interest in. The flag set was given to us by her X, who said that it was one thing that my wife had always wanted. *-)
It was a really nice gift. It also signaled to me I need to listen better to my wife.   !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment