Friday, April 20, 2012

My Sisters Cat !


My Sisters Cat is Training Me!

Graccon, one of the cats my sister left us with is training me to his needs. My sister though Graccon as a girl so she named the cat Grace. She learned about the difference when she had the cat fixed.

The cat was a little standoffish. We would see him early in the morning when he would eat and then he was out the cat door to important cat business till about 6:00 PM when he wanted food.

He is a cat that wants to be touched with just one hand. If you reached out with both hands he was gone, but you could pet him with just one hand. 

The cat comes and goes on his own schedule through his cat door. I have just let him come and go and let him get use to me on his own way. Everything changed last week when we had a heavy rain storm.
He came through the cat door, wet to the skin and upset. I go a towel and he let me dry him off to a point. He sat near drying out. Everything was peaceful till a big old, fat, gray, stray cat came through the cat door. A cat fight erupted under the table I was sitting at. Little Graccon was not holding his own. He was ½ the size of the other cat and has no claws in the front. I was able to get the Big Cat off Graccon with a pillow I had been sitting on and get it into the laundry room and close the door trapping the big cat.

Graccon was out the cat door in to the rain like a flash of lighting. I waited a few minutes before I let the big cat out of the laundry room, and he went out the cat door into the rain. Graccon came back about an hour later. He let me dry him off and he sat on my lap the rest of the evening. I have started closing the cat door at night to keep the old cat out.

The big old cat must have been coming in on a regular basis to eat. I though Graccon might have worms from amount off cat food that was disappearing. I would put dry food out at night and it was gone the next morning. 
    
Now Graccon demands me to get up at about 7:00 am to be fed. He now stays around off and on most of the day and he knows the sound of the refrigerator door opening and the sound of the microwave door opening. He is right there for a hand out. Since the cat fight I am Graccon's “good buddy” and a big Bubba protector. He now will let me pick him up. It is OK to be a Cat Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment