Sunday, April 8, 2012

Multitools


Magiver Tools or Multitools

I love tools of all kinds and in the last few years I have seen a number of multitools show up in stores and I am always tempted to buy them. Like a Swiss Army Knife, all the gadgets on them can come in handy.

These multitools come in all price ranges and sizes. Some fold up and can be put in your pocket, others have belt pouches, and others are just big tools. I like to keep one on each boat, one in the truck and one the car. They are quick and you do not have to dig through your toolbox for the right tool to a quick simple job.

I have seen some specialty multitools that are designed for a unique niche. The cyclist tool has all the unique tools you need to keep your bike running great and it is easy carry. Tools like Allen wrenches, chain tool, and spoke wrench along with a regular screwdriver and a Torx driver are all on the one tool. It makes it hard to misplace the little tools when they are all in one tool.

Some of the specialty niches that have their own multitool’s are diving, photography, boaters & campers.
What I have found with some of these tools is that they look nice but when it comes down to putting them in use they hurt your hand when you try to use them. Too many sharp edges make one tool I have hard to use without gloves or a rag to wrap around the handle. Before you buy the tool see if you can hold it and get a feel for it. 

The Swiss Army Knife multitool by Victorinox is the one that I would like to get but it is at about $100.00s. I figure I would just drop it over the side of the boat or lose it. I can be a clumsy McGiver.  8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment